The winter Kamakura Festival/Matsuri(かまくら祭) in Yunishigawa, Nikko, Tochigi Pref., Kanto – historical-culture night view of Japan
My first time seeing snow! かまくら祭(Kamakura Festival/Matsuri) is held in winter each year in Yunishigawa, Nikko, Tochigi Pref., which lasts about one month. At that period, various cute snowmen will be handmade by local people and put in front of their houses and shops. And the dreamy scenery by the river at night time is certificated as one of the historical-culture night views in Japan.
There is not much to see here in Yunishigawa Onsen(湯西川温泉). You can probably walk through it in half day. Basically, people are coming for the Kamakura Festival/Matsuri. But then it’s worth it just for the dreamy, fantastic night scenery by the river.
And more, if you speak Japanese, you can make a booking on phone for the barbeque lunch/dinner inside the cute snow houses. (Please refer to the official information which I’ll mention down below.)
Enjoy my vlog~!
For more travel videos and vlog, make sure to check out my YouTube Channel～
Yunishigawa Kamakura Festival 湯西川温泉かまくら祭 (Yunishigawa Kamakura Matsuri)
After that, it takes 30 mins by bus and then you get off atYunishigawa Onsen bus stop(湯西川溫泉). If you are staying in the hotel I mention down below, get off a little bit earlier at <平家の庄前> bus stop.
This time I stayed in this hot spring hotel with my family:
– Price：¥4470/person for one night, including dinner and breakfast!! (But actually, this is a special price for a short period of time. The hotel owner offered it for a thank to the public after a local TV show introduced them)
– Their service was really good. They arranged a Chinese staff on purpose for serving us. And I believe there will not be problems for English communication to do so.
– But, there is only a small outdoor hot spring in the free area. You have to pay for extra if you want to try out the others.
– Buffet dinner and breakfast. Tastes not bad~
– They drive guest to the light up scenery venue in round trip. But, since it’s not too far from the hotel to the venue, we walked back to the hotel after the event.
↓↓↓ Want to see more about my travel story? ↓↓↓
Recieve newsletter of latestblog postdirectly to your mailbox→<Subscribe>
Follow me onInstagram: @karencheung1219
Subscribe to myYoutube channel:LittleEggplanet
Like myfacebook page:LittleEggplanet
[Video]Across 1/4 of Japan in 2 minutes – stunning snow scene in winter – Tohoku, Nagano, Fujiyama – trailer
Lake Chuzenji,Nikko,Tochigi-a day with a bike(Ch.1)-backyard of Kanto(East Japan)
Lake Chuzenji,Nikko,Tochigi-a day with a bike(Ch.2)-backyard of Kanto(EastJapan)-British, Italia Embassy Villa Memorial Park
Nikko,Tochigi,Odashirogahara Moor,Senjogahara Moor-backyard of Kanto(EastJapan)(Ch.3)